Thursday, June 09, 2005

Quote Of The Month

There's a lot of talk about the Bible these days. Here in Massachusetts we just had a visit from some protesters who claimed to know the Bible real well and they were here to tell us that "God Hates Fags" and "Thank God for 9/11." Nice folks, I guess they didn't see the part about judge not lest ye be judged or any of that love thy neighbor stuff. Anyway, did I mention they had little kids with them at their rally. Suffer the little children to come unto me so I can teach them to be hate mongers. That's probably the guiding wisdom there. Well as far as I'm concerned George and Ira Gershwin had the right view of the Bible and so without much more rambling here's the quote of the month. It comes from Porgy And Bess. Ira Gershwin wrote the words.


It ain't necessarily so
It ain't necessarily so
The t'ings dat yo' li'ble
To read in de Bible,
It ain't necessarily so.


Lyrics to live by and a nice piece of music as well. Also, I don't do a quote of the century feature but if I did this would be on the short list for inclusion.

No comments: