Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Scare Mail From Bank of America

If you get something like this from Bank of America don't worry, it's probably nothing.

One of the things I like least about junk mail is the persistent attempts to make sales pitches look like official business. Bank of America just sent me something that looked like I should take care of it right away. But a closer reading revealed that it was just a pitch to get me to enroll in a plan that would earn them a monthly fee. I didn’t sign up because I wasn't interested but that’s beside the point. It was the deception that bothered me. The attempt to fool me and scare me into thinking I needed to do something. It’s bad enough when magazines and contest promoters do things like that but I generally don’t have any business with them. I do have business with BOA, important business for me, a line of credit. I take it seriously, I make my payments on time and I never try to deceive them in any way. They on the other hand seem to want to do just the opposite.

No comments: