Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Teacher fired for poor looks-Rest of World-World-NEWS-The Times of India

Teacher fired for poor looks-Rest of World-World-NEWS-The Times of India

"BEIJING: A 23-year-old Chinese woman has accused a Shanghai language school of firing her because of her “unfavourable looks” in what may be China's first looks-related work discrimination case. "

" Qiu, from central China's Henan Province, has an abnormally big head because she suffered from hydrocephalus or water in the brain when she was born."

“It's obviously discrimination to fire me because I don't look good," Qiu said. “I know my experience is not exceptional and some one should stand up, so I did.”

“My company and I have never discriminated against Qiu Zhi on the grounds of looks,” a company official said.

No comments: